Savory Banana Pancake – unusual breakfast fare!
GUEST BLOGGER: NEENA VILAS TALPADE
During the festive season, you often find your hands full of mithai plus fruits that are ripe at about the same time! At such time, my over-ripe bananas often end up on our breakfast table in this unusual yummy dish.
You’ll know it’s tasty when you try it!!
- Ripe bananas: 2-3
- Salt: 1/3 teaspoon(to taste)
- Sugar or Jaggery: 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind Pulp: 1/2 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chilli(non-spicy variety): 1
- Finely chopped coriander leaves: 1-2 teaspoons
- Fine Semolina(sooji/barikrava): 3 tablespoons
- Ghee or oil for roasting
- Butter if desired: for serving
- In a bowl, peel/mash the bananas.
- Add ingredients 2-6. Mix well.
- Add semolina. The mixture should not be too dry.
- On a non-stick frying pan, put 1/2 teaspoon ghee or oil and spread all over the frying pan.
- Ladle a large serving spoonful of the mixture.
- Spread evenly- thickness of a crepe or utappa.
- Cover and brown on a medium flame.
- When brown, turn over and brown the other side as well.
- Serve hot with (optional)a small dollop of butter.
This recipe is really yummy. However, you may omit the green chilli if you are not used to its ‘spice’ quotient.