Arthritic Pain Relief – Homemade Milk Cocktail
Anyone suffering from arthritis is looking for ways and means to reduce the pain! I avoided travel for two years and stepped out of the house only for a medical checkup! It was horribly demoralising till I discovered this homemade milk cocktail in an old recipe book. It has helped to reduce my dependence on painkillers from one tablet per day to one per month, if at all! This easy-to-make home remedy for arthritic pain relief turned out to be a real boon.
What you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1” size fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 strands of saffron (or ¼ tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp honey (or a pinch of salt)
How to prepare the cocktail:
- In 1 cup water add grated ginger and turmeric powder.
- Boil till it reduces to ½ the volume.
- Add the milk and continue boiling on a low flame till the quantity is about one cup.
- Add saffron (or vanilla) and boil till it becomes approximately 1 cup.
- Strain into a cup, add honey (or salt) and drink it while it is still very warm.
Drink this cocktail every night at bedtime. In a few days, you will notice that the arthritic pain has reduced considerably. I try not to miss my daily dose.
Note: Although all the above ingredients are natural and usually do not cause harm, please consult your physician in case of allergies.