8 Home Remedies for Age Blemishes That Work
Who doesn’t want to look gorgeous at 40 plus? There is no rule that says a woman shouldn’t. But sometimes age spots or pigmentation appear on the skin at the age of 40+. Blemishes are painless in the medical sense but can be very distressing. There is no need for expensive treatments. Here’s a list of simple home remedies for age blemishes:
- Raw potato – Peel a raw potato and grate it. Squeeze out the juice through a handkerchief. The extract is a natural skin whitener suitable for all skin types. Apply the juice and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process daily for about 30 days or more.
- Lemon or Vinegar – Apply the juice of a lemon and keep for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Make this your daily routine and it will reduce hyper-pigmentation considerably. The citric acid content prevents acne. You can also use apple cider vinegar instead. These remedies are better suited for oily skin types.
- Aloe Vera – Polysaccharides contained in aloe vera are perfect for regeneration of skin tissue. It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Scrape out the gel from the leaf and apply it daily at bedtime. Rinse it with water after 20 minutes.
- Tomato – Tomatoes contain antioxidants and Vitamin C. They are also rich in lycopene which cures age spots and blemishes. Extract the pulp of a tomato and squeeze it through a handkerchief. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse with water. Repeat the process daily till the blemishes are gone. Don’t forget to add tomatoes in your daily diet.
- Turmeric – Milk cream + turmeric has been in use in India since Vedic times. Mix a teaspoon each of turmeric powder and milk cream. Apply with a ball of cotton and leave for 20 minutes. It lightens spots and adds a glow to the face.
- Almond and milk – Soak 5-6 almonds overnight in water. Next morning, remove the peel and grind the almonds into a paste with 2 teaspoons milk. Apply over the blemishes and leave for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process for a month for a 30+ look. Add almonds and milk in your diet as well.
- Neem – The leaves of the neem tree have anti-bacterial properties. This is another ancient remedy from India. In the powder form it is easily available in most parts of the world. Mix together 1 teaspoon neem powder, 1 teaspoon chickpea flour and sufficient water to make a smooth paste. Apply and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cool water. With regular application of this paste you can forget about age spots forever.
- Honey – This is a natural bleaching agent. Apply a teaspoon of honey, leave it on the face for 15 minutes and rinse it off as usual. Add this process to your daily routine and in no time the age spots will disappear.
The usual causes of age spots are hormonal changes, long term medication, old scars or freckles, blackheads, neglect, etc. Before trying one of the options listed above, please do a test application on an unexposed part of your body. Being natural, in most cases these home remedies for age blemishes will not produce allergies. Stay beautiful…